1992-1998 Oldsmobile 88 and 98 – Wiring Diagram
How to reach the TDM and install the VATS Passkey Bypass
the TDM is under the right side of the dash (passenger side, behind glovebox)
- Remove the instrument panel Glove Box.
- Remove the relay center and the 3 screws from the relay bracket.
- Remove the relay center bracket and then the 2 screws to remove the PASS-Key® II module from the bracket (1).
- Disconnect the electrical connection(s).
To install the Full bypass unplug and remove the TDM and then connect as following:
- RED : Attach to TDM pin A2 (PNK or PNK/BLK)
- BLK : Attach to TDM Pin B5 (BLK)
- BRN: Attach to TDM pin A4 (YEL/BLK)
- DK-GRN : on TDM pin A3 (DK BLUE)
- YEL: leave unconnected (if present)
- BLU : Leave unconnected (if present)
If your car still does not start, then do the following:
- If your bypass has also a BLU wire then disconnect the GRN wire and use the BLU wire in its place
- If your bypass doesn’t have a BLU wire, just follow the included instructions on paper to change the jumper from PKII to PKI.
The installation is completed.