1998-1999 GMC Sierra
Locate the EVO Passlock Module and install the VATS Passkey Passlock Full Bypass
The EVO Passlock Module is under the center of the dash under the Ashtray.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the knee bolster.
Remove the instrument panel (IP) auxiliary storage compartment, if equipped.
Remove the remote CD player, if equipped.
Remove the ashtray.
Push on the clips behind the auxiliary storage compartment or the remote CD player.
Pull down in order to release the module.
Disconnect the electrical connector.
There is one electrical connectors on the EVO passlock Module
To install the Full bypass connect it as follow:
- Cut the Orange/Black in B5 and the Yellow in B7
- RED wire : Splice in with the PNK, B3
- BLK wire: ORANGE/BLK, B5 toward the EVO module
- DK-GRN wire: leave unconnected (if present)
- BLU: leave unconnected (if present)
- YEL: Yellow, B7 toward the EVO module.
- BRN: leave unconnected (if present)
Perform the re-learning procedure
- Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
- Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
- Observe the SECURITY light, after approximately 11 minutes the light will turn OFF.
- Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 10 seconds.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes ( the vehicle
is now ready to relearn the Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).
Important: The vehicle relearns Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Sensor Data Code and/or password).
The installation is completed.