1998-1999 Chevrolet Express
Locate the TDM and install the VATS Passkey Full Bypass
The TDM (or passlock control module) is in the dash behind the radio area and you can get at it above the fuel pedal.
Push the tab (3) at the rear of the Passlock™ control module in order to release the module from the Passlock™ control module bracket (4).
Slide the Passlock™ control module (2) out of the Passlock™ control module bracket (4).
Disconnect the electrical connector (5) from the Passlock™ control module (2).
Remove the Passlock™ control module (2) from the I/P.
There is 1 electrical connectors on the TDM (or Passlock control module).
To install the Full bypass connect it as follow:
- RED wire : Splice to Pink wire in TDM Connector Pin B3.
- BLK wire: Splice into Black/White wire in Pin B1
- BRN :Splice into the orange/black wire in Pin B5
- DK-GRN wire: leave unconnected (if present)
- BLU: leave unconnected (if present)
- YEL : Cut the yellow wire in Pin B7 and attach the YEL wire of the Pro module to it towards the TDM. Tape the other side.
Important:Make sure the TDM is plugged back in and the 2 wires are taped to the harness out of the way.
Perform the re-learning procedure
- Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
- Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
- Observe the SECURITY light, after approximately 11 minutes the light will turn OFF.
- Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 10 seconds.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes ( the vehicle
is now ready to relearn the Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).
Important: The vehicle relearns Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Sensor Data Code and/or password).
If the engine runs but the security light remains on after this, cut the Yellow wire in TDM location B2 and tape the ends to the side.
The installation is completed.